Nieuwe lyme test ontwikkeld ism met Radboud

Hier is er plaats voor vragen en discussie over Fibromyalgie, Lupus, EDS, Lyme, Sjögren, Addison, B12-tekort, MCS,...

Moderator: Moderators

spring
Donateur
Donateur

Bericht door spring »

Nieuwe lyme test ontwikkeld door het Radboud ism een Amerikaans laboratorium, Boulder Diagnostics. Volgens de site is de test beschikbaar voor de EU in een lab in Duitsland. Heb verdere informatie gevraagd, nog niet ontvangen.

http://boulderdiagnostics.com/wp/spirofind/
I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night!
(Bon Jovi)
spring
Donateur
Donateur

Bericht door spring »

(Bon Jovi)
louisa
Gevorderd lid

Bericht door louisa »

Hoi spring,

Is dat een LTT test? Mijn Engels in niet zo goed, sorry :oops:.

En is het een vervolg op dit topic?: "Nieuw onderzoek naar lyme en tekenbeten": http://www.me-gids.net/index.php?name=P ... ht=#159025

Groetjes, Louisa
ME of Lyme?: http://www.me-gids.net/module-ME_CVS_do ... d-942.html

-Als je geen ster aan de hemel kunt zijn, wees dan een lampje in je huis-
Fleur
Actief lid

Bericht door Fleur »

Dit artikel stond eind maart in de NRC, gaat over deze test
http://www.diagned.nl/files_content/e-n ... 202012.pdf
spring
Donateur
Donateur

Bericht door spring »

Ja, zelfde onderzoeker. Had dat topic niet gezien. Gaat ook niet echt meer over die test. Lijkt me nu wel nieuwswaarde te hebben aangezien hij nu beschikbaar zou moeten zijn.

Ze claimen een nieuwe methode bedacht te hebben, maar de simpele uitleg komt op hetzelfde neer als de LTT. Misschien kijken ze alleen naar een ander stofje dat zo'n afweercel uitscheidt om het te kunnen patenteren en zeggen dat het een nieuwe test is.
Zoiets werd mij door Prohealth verteld.
(Bon Jovi)
louisa
Gevorderd lid

Bericht door louisa »

Hoi fleur,
Fleur schreef:Dit artikel stond eind maart in de NRC, gaat over deze test
http://www.diagned.nl/files_content/e-n ... 202012.pdf
Ik lees onderaan van het krantenartikel iets van dat de test in 2014 beschikbaar zal worden?

Groetjes, Louisa
Laatst gewijzigd door louisa op 07 nov 2012, 16:42, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

louisa
Gevorderd lid

Bericht door louisa »

Hoi spring,
spring schreef:Ja, zelfde onderzoeker. Had dat topic niet gezien. Gaat ook niet echt meer over die test. Lijkt me nu wel nieuwswaarde te hebben aangezien hij nu beschikbaar zou moeten zijn.

Ze claimen een nieuwe methode bedacht te hebben, maar de simpele uitleg komt op hetzelfde neer als de LTT. Misschien kijken ze alleen naar een ander stofje dat zo'n afweercel uitscheidt om het te kunnen patenteren en zeggen dat het een nieuwe test is.
Zoiets werd mij door Prohealth verteld.
Interessant! Ach, ja, Nijmegen zal ook wel weer willen scoren, status, etc.

Misschien moeten de artsen in Nederland dan nu toch ook wel de LTT test van Duitsland gaan erkennen? Dat zou een mooie stap zijn :wink:!

Groetjes, Louisa

Fleur
Actief lid

Bericht door Fleur »

Op deze site van het Radboud hadden ze het er over dat de test op zijn
vroegst half 2013 beschikbaar zou zijn. En in de NRC hebben ze het over
2014, dus misschien ergens halverwege..????

klik hier
spring
Donateur
Donateur

Antwoord Boulder Diagnostics 7 nov 2012

Bericht door spring »

Op mijn vraag waar of wanneer deze test in Nederland te doen is kreeg ik zojuist het volgende antwoord:

Many thanks for your interest in our new SpiroFind lyme test. The test is available since November 2012. We launch a press release this Friday and everybody can buy our test. Please talk to a doctor in the Netherlands who can take blood from you. We need 20ml EDTA blood. That are standard tubes. Please write me the date, address and telephone number where we can take the blood via TNT. And we need a time gap when we can take the time, for example from 10 to 12 o’clock. We check the blood here and send the result back to you and to your doctor if you like during 1-2 weeks. Our lab doctor will discuss the result with you or your doctor. Important information – taking blood is only possible on Monday and Tuesday morning, because we need several days for our test. And please inform us at least one working day before we can take the blood, because I have to give the order to TNT and fax the label to your doctor. Please assure that the blood is packed well in a stable box, with the TNT label on it and additionally with such a label:

(afbeelding: UN3373, Biological substance category B)

Please ask your doctor if he has this label and a stable box. Please take care that the blood doesn’t freeze. If it is too cold outside please use styrofoam material. On the other hand please do not heat the blood up to 30°. Last but not least I can only tell you an approximately price – between 200 and 300 Euro inclusive TNT transportation. But I guess I can tell you next week the exact price.

If you have further questions please feel free to contact me.

Kind regards

Boulder Diagnostics

------------------------------------

Hopelijk vrijdag dus meer nieuws, hopelijk ook ergens in een Nederlandse krant. Ik ga nog wat meer navraag doen.
(Bon Jovi)
spring
Donateur
Donateur

Bericht door spring »

Misschien kan iemand eerdaags PvM / DML / Maastrichtse arts / ?? hier naar vragen?

Dan heb je wel een uitkomst van een test ontwikkeld door het Radboud. Alleen is natuurlijk de vraag of je daar wat mee opschiet. Misschien zeggen ze wel al snel dat het een oude, niet meer actieve infectie is, want dat schijnen ze ook te kunnen zien.
(Bon Jovi)
louisa
Gevorderd lid

Bericht door louisa »

Filmpje over test UMC Radboud Nijmegen van TV uitzending van Vara Vroege Vogels 27 maart 2012: "De teek en de oorlog tegen Lyme": =360011]link naar vroege vogels
Groetjes, Louisa

marlène
Gevorderd lid

Bericht door marlène »

Interessant telkens er zo'n nieuwe test uitkomt ... Ik was oprecht verbaasd dat in eerste artikel (van spirng) stond vermeld dat je chronische lyme kan hebben zonder antistoffen. Dat was me totaal onbekend.
http://opstaanmetmecvs.blogspot.com

Het is makkelijker een atoom te splitsen dan een vooroordeel. - Einstein
Be critical and use your own judgement when using this information. - Marlène R.
louisa
Gevorderd lid

Bericht door louisa »

Ben benieuwd wat het verschil is tussen de nieuwe test van Nijmegen en de LTT test van Augsburg.
Explanation Elispot-LTT (LymphocyteTransformationTest):
This method detects an antigen (Borrelia, Chlamydia, Ehrlichia, EBV, Yersinia) induced release of interferon gamma by reactive lymphocytes. In the Elispot-LTT the Tlymphocytes are stimulated by bacterial or viral antigens. Antigen specific release of IFN gamma is detected by a standardized ELISA colour technique in form of “spots”.

The number of spots is resulted in form of a stimulation-index (SI) in comparison with a negative control (reference range: < 2 SI).
Results = 2 SI (borderline) or > 2 SI (positive) mean a specific response of the Tlymphocytes regarding the different antigens in the Elispot-LTT. The higher the result of the SI, the stronger is the T-cellular immune-response in general.
Groetjes, Louisa

spring
Donateur
Donateur

Bericht door spring »

Today’s methods for the detection of Lyme disease are extremely unreliable.  They are either serology-based methods, which are known to have a low specificity in the case of Borrelia detection, or they rely on the presence of Borrelia organisms, which prove to be highly elusive. The SpiroFind assay queries the exposure of the immune system to Borrelia organisms. Such exposure is stored in the immune system for an extended time, making the SpiroFind method particularly suited to identify chronic Lyme disease infections. The SpiroFind test can differentiate between active and past infection.

Partners
Boulder Diagnostics is partnering with the Department of Internal Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center (RUNMC) in The Netherlands for the development of the SpiroFind assays. The test is based on the groundbreaking inventions of Prof. Mihai Netea and Prof. Leo Joosten who discovered the specific immune signals that respond to Borrelia exposure.
Het is al mooi dat hierin word gezegd dat de 'gewone' lymetesten niet betrouwbaar zijn. En dat dan verderop Nijmegen als medeontwikkelaar van deze test word genoemd. 1+1=2 Dus als je nog eens te horen krijgt dat je geen lyme hebt op basis van de gewone testen kan je in ieder geval nog hier om vragen.
(Bon Jovi)
spring
Donateur
Donateur

Bericht door spring »

Persbericht:
http://www.businesswire.com/news/rxtime ... SpiroFind™
November 09, 2012 04:22 AM Eastern Time 
Boulder Diagnostics Announces the European Market Launch of its SpiroFind™ Lyme Disease Diagnostic Test

BOULDER, Colo. & MELLRICHSTADT, Germany--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Boulder Diagnostics Inc. announced today the European market launch of the CE marked SpiroFind in vitro diagnostic test for the detection of active Lyme Borreliosis. The SpiroFind test is offered as a diagnostic service by the company's clinical diagnostic service laboratory in Mellrichstadt, Germany.

“At our clinical laboratory in Mellrichstadt, Germany, we now accept whole blood samples for testing by the SpiroFind method”
The novel SpiroFind test can detect active Lyme Borreliosis through all stages of disease from early disease to late and persistent manifestation. The test is based on measuring the cellular immune response to a specific challenge with the Borrelia organism. The effectiveness of the SpiroFind test was confirmed in a clinical study at the Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, which is submitted for peer-reviewed publication and for presentation at the ECCMID conference in Berlin, Germany in April, 2013.

"We are proud to offer this important new tool for the correct diagnosis of Lyme disease", comments Dr. Wolfgang Pieken, CEO of Boulder Diagnostics Inc., and adds "the SpiroFind test is the first method to query the trained immunity to Borrelia infection as a signal for active disease".

"At our clinical laboratory in Mellrichstadt, Germany, we now accept whole blood samples for testing by the SpiroFind method," states Dr. Anton Waldherr, laboratory physician of Boulder Diagnostics Europe GmbH

Editor’s note

For ordering a SpiroFind test for Lyme disease diagnosis please contact:

Jana Hummel, Boulder Diagnostics Europe GmbH
Stockheimer Strasse 12 – D-97638 Mellrichstadt, Germany
Phone: +49 9776 7093488 – email: Info@BoulderDiagnostics.comwww.BoulderDiagnostics.com
About Boulder Diagnostics

Boulder Diagnostics Inc. is an in vitro diagnostics company that focuses on identifying, developing, and marketing new diagnostic technologies for underserved markets. In addition to Lyme disease diagnostics, Boulder Diagnostics currently offers the ParaFlor ™ line of reagents for the rapid and specific detection of parasitic disease.
(Bon Jovi)
Plaats reactie