Lyme en co’s: Info/Nieuws/Ervaringsverhalen

Hier is er plaats voor vragen en discussie over Fibromyalgie, Lupus, EDS, Lyme, Sjögren, Addison, B12-tekort, MCS,...

Moderator: Moderators

bellatordelux
Gevorderd lid

Bericht door bellatordelux »

Afbeelding

LYMEPOLICYWONK: Ticks Transmit a World of Disease and Co-infections Into the Lives of Lyme Patients

Ticks are the number one vector of disease in the US and are second only to mosquitoes worldwide. Ticks frequently take blood meals from small rodents like rats, squirrels, and mice, which carry diseases. Diseases they pick up from these blood meals may then be passed on to their next meal ticket--which could be you. So how many pathogens can a tick transmit? A recent study from China provides some answers.

Lees verder Bron: LymeDisease.org
I have no Truth to tell or reveal,
only Insights to share
bellatordelux
Gevorderd lid

Afbeelding

NEWS: Watch Amy Tan & Dr. Ray Stricker’s San Francisco interview

Author Amy Tan, renowned author of "The Joy Luck Club" and other books, and LymeDisease.org's medical director, Dr. Ray Stricker, discuss Lyme disease with anchor Cheryl Jennings, on ABC7's "Beyond the Headlines." Also featured are Kate Steele and her son Ari, who tell a riveting story of Lyme disease and stem cell treatment.

Kijk hier Bron: LymeDisease.org
only Insights to share
bellatordelux
Gevorderd lid

Afbeelding

"Oh when the ticks go marching in" and other songs about parasites

Sheldon Campbell - The Singing Microbiologist

Sheldon Campbell sings about microbiology. Dr. Campbell teaches microbiology at Yale School of Medicine and he uses music to enhance his lectures.
only Insights to share
bellatordelux
Gevorderd lid

Afbeelding
Lyme study highlights why small mammals spread disease
John Ferro, Poughkeepsie Journal 10 a.m. EDT September 23, 2014

Short lifespans and high densities create compounding effects that increase the risk of three tick-borne diseases

The research has found that the shorter lifespans and large litters of mice, shrews and chipmunks correspond with the increased chance that a tick will pick up Lyme disease and two malaria-like diseases.

Lees verder Bron: PoughkeepsieJournal
only Insights to share
bellatordelux
Gevorderd lid

Afbeelding

Muis 'ideale gastheer' voor teken met ziekte van Lyme

Teken die zich eerst gevoed hebben op muizen blijken het meeste kans te hebben om ziekte van Lyme over te dragen. Bovendien zorgen ze via de muis regelmatig voor extra infecties zoals babesiose en anaplasmose.

De onderzoekers keken naar de aanwezigheid van de zoogdieren in de natuur. Omdat teken parasieten zijn die 'zitten en wachten' is de kans groter dat ze in aanraking komen met zoogdieren met een snelle levenscyclus die dus op grote schaal aanwezig zijn. Dit gegeven zorgt er op zijn beurt ook voor dat de ziekteverwekkers sneller evolueren en meer effectief worden.

Lees verder Bron: Trouw
only Insights to share
bellatordelux
Gevorderd lid

Afbeelding
The15 million-year-old amber from the Dominican Republic that offers the oldest fossil evidence ever found of Borrelia, a type of spirochete-like bacteria that to this day causes Lyme disease

The bacteria that has been around longer than humans: Lyme disease discovered in 15 million year old ticks
By Mark Prigg
Published: 29 May 2014

Lyme disease has been present for around for 15 million years – long before any humans walked on Earth, researchers have discovered.

The stealthy, often misdiagnosed disease was only recognized about 40 years ago.

However, stunned researchers have found ticks fossilized in amber show that the bacteria which cause it may have been lurking around for 15 million years – long before any humans walked on Earth.

Lees verder Bron: DailyMail
only Insights to share
bellatordelux
Gevorderd lid

Afbeelding

Tick-Borne Diseases on the Rise, Thanks to Global Warming

Lyme disease is bad enough. But it's just the beginning of a host of odd and ugly diseases ticks transmit, public health officials are finding
Sep 24, 2014 |By Marianne Lavelle and The Daily Climate

Ticks that spread Lyme disease don't always deliver their misery neat. They can serve up a cocktail of pathogens with one infectious bite.

"They are nature's dirty needle"

Lees verder Bron: ScientificAmerican
only Insights to share
bellatordelux
Gevorderd lid

Afbeelding

Voormalig trampolinespringster en danser Robin Kappetein in The Voice

Robin vertelt op tv dat ze bij de trampolinesport, dansacademie en kleinkunst altijd heeft moeten knokken, niet in het minst met een toptrainster als moeder. Nu is geconstateerd dat ze de ziekte van Lyme heeft, wil ze nog eens alles uit de kast halen, omdat ze steeds meer last van haar gewrichten krijgt en dansen en zo niet meer gaat.

Lees/kijk verder Bron: GymPOWER
only Insights to share
bellatordelux
Gevorderd lid

Afbeelding

First direct blood test for yeast, T2Candida, gets FDA nod
Posted by Staff on September 22, 2014

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today allowed marketing in the U.S. of the first direct blood test for detection of five yeast pathogens that cause bloodstream infections: Candida albicans and/or Candida tropicalis, Candida parapsilosis, Candida glabrata and/or Candida krusei.

Lees verder Bron: OutbreakNewsToday
only Insights to share
senna
Donateur
Donateur

Bericht door senna »

Het leven is een feest, maar ik kan (nog) niet ingaan op de uitnodiging !

Facebook : Lyme België/Belgique Protest
Time For Lyme BE-NL
bellatordelux
Gevorderd lid

Afbeelding

Tick bite sent Rams' Wells to intensive care
September 30, 2014

Center Scott Wells didn’t finish the final week of Rams practices in June, then missed a good portion of training camp. It was thought that he had some kind of virus, and lost some weight.

Turns out it was much worse than that, and could have been fatal had it not been treated in time.

“I had a bacterial infection from a tick bite,” Wells told the Post-Dispatch. “It’s called ehrlichia."

Lees verder Bron: StLouisToday
only Insights to share
bellatordelux
Gevorderd lid

Afbeelding

'Kans op ernstige bijwerking cortisol blijft onder de radar '
Door: Margreet Vermeulen − 01/10/14

Medicijnen met cortisol, zoals prednison, kunnen ernstige psychische problemen veroorzaken. Artsen en patiënten zijn zich daar te weinig van bewust.

Dat schrijft een groep verontruste psychiaters, onderzoekers en hersenwetenschappers in het oktobernummer van de American Journal of Psychiatry. Cortisol zit in medicijnen tegen astma, reuma, eczeem, spierziekten en auto-immuunziekten. Op jaarbasis krijgt een half miljoen Nederlanders prednison via de apotheek.

Lees verder Bron: Volkskrant
only Insights to share
bellatordelux
Gevorderd lid

Praktische aanbevelingen bij de behandeling van Lyme-borreliose (LB) conform de ILADS guidelines

Beïnvloeding van het Immuunsysteem

Er zijn diverse aanwijzingen dat Lyme-borreliose de goede werking van het afweersysteem belemmert. Zowel een te hevige (zie Herxheimer) als te lage respons wordt gezien.

Sommige behandelaars richten hun behandeling ook op verbetering van de werking van het afweersysteem.

Gebruik van corticosteroïden wordt ontraden omdat dit het evenwicht tussen afweer en infectie verstoort ten gunste van de bacterie. Indien immunosuppresieve behandeling niet kan worden vermeden, dan dient dit zo kort mogelijk plaat te vinden en altijd tijdens adequaat gedoceerde antibioticabehandeling. In zulke gevallen wordt een langere behandeling met antibiotica ook na verdwijnen van de symptomen aangeraden. Het ontbreken van symptomen wijst in deze gevallen niet op genezing.

Lees verder Bron: LymeMed
only Insights to share
bellatordelux
Gevorderd lid

Afbeelding

TOUCHED BY LYME: When family members don’t believe you have Lyme
30th September 2014

A father regrets that he failed to believe his daughter really had Lyme disease. His message to others who have family members with Lyme: "Lyme disease is real, the pain is real, the problem with logical thought is real, the lack of energy is real."
From a man who calls himself “Lymedad.”

“Dear Family of a Lyme Disease patient,

I am writing this letter to all parents and family members who are witnessing their children, wife, son, father, aunt, uncle, cousin, etc. struggle with Lyme Disease.

I am one of you."

Lees verder Bron: LymeDisease.org
only Insights to share
bellatordelux
Gevorderd lid

Intracellular Borrelia Spirochaetes Reproduce Inside Erythrocytes

The experiment adds to previous work showing borrelia spirochaete invasion of erythrocytes. It provides video evidence that the spirochaetes continue their development within the cell.

Afbeelding

IntraErythrocyteBorreliaSpirochetes1
Spirochaete morphological forms inside erythrocytes held in a gelatin preparation

Afbeelding

Intracellular borrelia spirochaetes

Afbeelding

Intra-erythrocyte borrelia burgdorferi spirochaetes

Lees/kijk verder
Bron: Counsellingme
only Insights to share
Plaats reactie