Hoop op werkend Medicijn voor ME/CVS

Hier kan gediscussieerd worden over nieuws, artikelen en onderzoek over ME (cvs)

Moderator: Moderators

Plaats reactie
brad
Beginner

Hoop op werkend Medicijn voor ME/CVS

Bericht door brad »

MILL VALLEY, Calif., April 24, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The Synergy Trial, one of the largest treatment intervention clinical trials in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) to date, tested a combination treatment consisting of a currently available stimulant drug co-administered with a micronutrient formula known to broadly support mitochondrial function. This treatment is referred to as "KPAX002".

Mylagic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) is a chronic, highly variable neurodegenerative disease affecting over 2 million Americans. The disease is characterized by new-onset fatigue persisting for at least 6 months that is severe enough to produce a substantial decrease in activity. ME/CFS currently has no FDA-approved treatment.

The Synergy Trial was a double-blinded, placebo-controlled study that enrolled 128 participants with moderate to severe ME/CFS. The trial was conducted at four research sites in the United States including, the ME/CFS Initiative at Stanford University, California, the Bateman Horne Center in Salt Lake City, Utah, The Sue Levine Medical Clinic in NYC, and the Dept. of Clinical Immunology, Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. The trial was funded by K-PAX Pharmaceuticals and the lead investigator was Stanford University Professor, Dr. Jose Montoya (see bio below).

The study's results identified that KPAX002 was most effective in subjects with more severe ME/CFS symptoms and those with both fatigue and pain; two key subgroups that responded best to the treatment. ME/CFS patients in these groups had more than double the level of improvement after treatment with KPAX002 as patients taking the placebo. KPAX002 was also found to be safe and well tolerated.

(.....) kopierecht

Volledig artikel

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 33260.html
Zuiderzon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door Zuiderzon »

Kritisch tegengeluid Frank Twisk:

Teleurstellende resultaten KPAX002 trial
http://www.hetalternatief.org/Behandeli ... 201451.htm
Hoop doet leven!